Funding for your Course
We have funding for many SVQ courses for those aged 16 – 25, and most of these will include a food hygiene or personal license course but if you are not eligible for this, there are other possibilities for funding.
What funding is on offer?
Get funding for your SVQ, personal licence, food hygiene or management course with an ILA (Individual Learning Account) from Skills Development Scotland or through the SAAS part-time grant funding. Click below for more information on these funding options.
- ILA (Individual Learning Accounts) from Skills Development Scotland: Get up to £200 towards the costs of learning or training with an SDS Individual Learning Account (ILA)
- SAAS part-time fee grant gives help each year towards the cost of your tuition fees: SAAS funding depends on which qualification you are studying but the maximum grant they can offer is £1,195 for all courses at private providers.
Which of our courses are free?
Most of our courses are funded by the Scottish Government as Modern Apprenticeships in Hospitality: We offer fully funded places for 16 – 24 year-olds for Level 2, 3 and 4 SVQs and Modern Apprenticeships in:
- Kitchen Service Level 2
- Professional Cookery Level 2
- Hospitality Service Level 2
- Professional Cookery Level 3
- Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Level 3
- Hospitality Management Level 4